"9, 10, 11 Staircases, Any One of Which Will Get You Where You Need To Be" : Odyssey of a Professional DeveloperThe Resource "9, 10, 11 Staircases, Any One of Which Will Get You Where You Need To Be" : Odyssey of a Professional Developer
- "9, 10, 11 Staircases, Any One of Which Will Get You Where You Need To Be" : Odyssey of a Professional Developer
- Title remainder
- Odyssey of a Professional Developer
- Statement of responsibility
- Claudia Grose, Margaret McNamara and Charlotte Lak
- This paper documents the journey of a professional developer engaged and trained to support the implementation of a literacy innovation in an urban school district. The innovation, First Steps, is a systematic organization of best practices linking assessment and instruction, supported by an ongoing program of school-based professional development. First Steps employs a teacher of teachers professional development model. The story of the professional developer's experience over 4 years as a site-based tutor, set against the backdrop of a district-wide initiative to improve writing instruction, documents and illustrates the lessons learned, and questions raised, about the personal and professional trajectory of a professional developer in the context of school reform. The paper analyzes the way the professional development model played out in the context of one school, suggesting how the experiences, personality, concerns, and beliefs of the professional developer, as well as the nature of supports for that person, affected the outcome of the reform. The paper draws on the findings of a 3-year qualitative research project which used data from personal journals, written records and observations, tape recorded focus group discussions, and individual interviews. (Contains 51 references.) (SM)
- Cataloging source
- Nature of contents
- technical reports
ContextContext of "9, 10, 11 Staircases, Any One of Which Will Get You Where You Need To Be" : Odyssey of a Professional Developer
Embeddable Data (Experimental)
Copy and paste the following HTML fragment to include the corresponding data into your application
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the above code fragment to best match your specific application requirements.
Processing Feedback ...
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Michigan State University Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.